Saturday, November 13, 2010

Surf rock tours

2010, without doubt, has been the year of surf-rock-indie-pop. I have no idea why, but I must say I'm not a huge fan of it. It seems we have been overwhelmed with bands playing bright guitars and dreamy vocals, with happy melodies and lyrics that just make us want to go out to the beach. Well I don't want to go to the beach, that's skin cancer central!

And if I do go to the beach, I'm bloody well listening to this:



(If any of my friends from 3 years ago are watching this, you know the rules, finish your drink while listening to that song).

Splendour this year seemed to have a fair share of it's surf rock bands and it seems Australia's late summer festivals are getting even more. Luckily, we don't get all of those festivals up this way, but we do get their sideshows. And two surf-rock bands are playing Brisbane in March:

Best Coast, March 10, Woodland
Wavves, March 8, the Zoo

Both shows, being at bars, are definitely 18+

I'll probably hit up Best Coast, as they feature a cute girl on guitar and are playing Woodland. Which is an intimate little indie bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment