Thursday, November 25, 2010

Free Music Friday 5!

I've skipped a few weeks of Free Music Friday, to let the awesomeness of Bomb The Music Industry sink in. And because I've been busy. I guess I could have done Girl Talk last week, but that album is so awesome I couldn't wait. This week, it's a band who's name I've yet to figure out how to pronounce: Noumenon

Hailing from my old neck of the woods/favourite city of Chicago, they combine two things I've been in love with for the last few months: garage rock and math rock. Lot's of jangly, quick guitar work (the math rock) with lots of overdrive and some more crushing guitar work (garage rock).

I could explain it to you, or you can just go to their bandcamp website and download their new EP for free. Or for money. That's the beauty of Bandcamp. If you like it you should put some cash on it.

Do it.

Here's their MySpace if you want more stuff about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment