Monday, November 15, 2010

Disturbed

Disturbed are most immortalized for the most memorable syllables-that-aren't-words lyrics in a song ever with Down With the Sickness:


Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

***** | Myspace Video


(The runner-up is Korn with Twist)

Disturbed are coming out to play their heavy nu metal to us on a large venue tour in 2011. What makes it a pretty good tour is their touring partners: Trivium and As I Lay Dying.

I would normally do descriptions and junk, but if you don't know or like any of these bands already, it may be hard to convert you. Even with the cheesy-nu-metal factor of Disturbed, and Trivium losing their screaming edge of earlier albums, it could be one of the heavier shows of the year.

(NB: although I said Trivium got quieter, I still enjoyed the shit out of their 2006 the Crusade. It was one of my favourites of the year.)

Brisbane Entertainment Centre, April 30.

I can only hope that the As I Lay Dying guy does a few sideshows as Austrian Death Machine, his Arnold Schwarzneger tribute-metal band, where every song is an Arnie one-liner song in an Arnie accent. It's amazing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment