Monday, November 29, 2010

Belle and Sebastian

When I got this news today at work, I actually emitted a little scream in excitement. The last time Belle and Sebastian came around was over 5 years ago and at that time I thought they were just a little two piece band with the names of Sebastian and Belle. Oh how times have changed.

My current obsession with the 7 piece Glaswegian juggernaut that is Belle and Sebastian knows no bounds. Their legendary catalogue of twee and baroque indie pop just has me spellbound. I am trying to collect all of their vinyl and one of their CDs is generally always in my car. And this song is always stuck in my head. And their new CD, Write About Love is amazing.

They announced a southern states festival show a few weeks back, and I just kept my fingers crossed and my prayers directed towards a show in Brisbane. And it turns out my prayers have been answered. And at what is probably the best venue for them in Brisbane, the Tivoli.

March 7. Tivoli. Tickets on sale 2nd December.
Website

*squee!* I'm now going to get my nerd on and relocate to the couch to relisten to my If You're Feeling Sinister vinyl on 180 grams.

No comments:

Post a Comment