Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blues-fucking-fest

I'm not normally one to get excited by Bluesfest, but next year, Byron is going to be crazy.



It's already being hyped as the best yet. Here's just the first announcement, the second is meant to be better:
Bob Dylan
B.B. King
Ben Harper & Relentless 7
Elvis Costello & the Imposters
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Rodrigo y Gabriela
The Cat Empire
Blind Boys of Alabama featuring Aaron Neville
Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Fistful of Mercy
Mavis Staples
Xavier Rudd
Trinity Roots
Little Bushmen
Tony Joe White
Indigo Girls
Kate Miller-Heidke
Eric Bibb
Washington
Ash Grunwald
Ruthie Foster
C.W. Stoneking
Jeff Lang
Saltwater Band
RocKwiz Live
I've bolded the ones that made me lose my mind. Like, wow. That is just amazing. The man himself, Bob Dylan headlining. B.B. King, the bluesmaster himself. Ben Harper, playing in two of his bands (Relentless 7 and Fistful of Mercy with George Harrison's son), Elvis-fucking-Costello, my dad's top 10 band the Blind Boys of Alabama and one of the greatest slide guitarists you'll ever see (maybe the only if you're not cultured enough) in Robert Randolph and his Family Band.

If you can't tell, I'm massively excited. I don't do camping festivals ever, but this may be an exception. See you in Byron April 21-25!

No comments:

Post a Comment