Thursday, November 11, 2010

Big Day Out Sideshows (I am going to for sure)

So this year's Big Day Out has seen Queensland being forgotten about when it comes to sideshows. No surprise there, every festival tends to do it. The only 'official' one is for Tool. But we're lucky enough to get two unofficial ones which I bloody well want to go see.

First up, Ratatat.
Two guys. Guitars. And an audio-visual experience you must witness. I saw them play the HiFi not long after the venue opened, and I was blown away. These two don't just make music, they put on a whole act. The stages of the Big Day Out will not do them any justice, so take the opportunity to see them do it properly, in a club. January 24 at the HiFi.

The second band is another two piece: the Black Keys.



Two guys playing blues inspired garage rock. Amazingly so. They've put out so many good albums over the years, and toured countless times, but I've never actually gone and seen them. And I regret that, a lot. January 25, at the Tivoli.

Both bands are much better suited to club shows, so if you like what you see at BDO, catch these two shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment