Friday, November 5, 2010

La Dispute tour

If you've talked to me about music in the last 4 months, I've waxed lyrical about this band over and over again. I've probably talked your ear off about them. They've just fit in perfectly to my current situation in life and their music has just been oh so agreeable to me.

For some reason I missed them on their DIY tour last year and I'm still hating myself for it. Luckily, they're going to be making up for it. Unfortunately, it's a much bigger tour this time around.

We'll be getting two shows in Brisbane.
18+ will be at the Zoo on January 25
AA will be at Burst City on January 26

I will be ditching all Australia day plans this year and going to both without fail. I am incredibly excited about this.

If you haven't caught my earlier rants about this band, they do a sort of hybrid spoken-word style post-hardcore with noodly indie math-rock style guitars at times. They also have much more engaging lyrics which has caused some people to dub them "literate". Get in and see this, or you'll probably regret it in a few years when everyone is talking about this band.

You can stream their last album on their Bandcamp.

As a sidenote, this may be my gig of next year, much in the same way Dangers was at the start of this year. Both tours are eerily similar. And I hope the gig at Burst City is just as amazing.

2 comments: