Monday, November 15, 2010

Doobie Brothers

I love this time of year. Just when I'm starting to think "crap, what do I get my Dad for Christmas?" an awesome band of days gone by announces a tour. And it's always something my Dad and I like. In previous years it has been Neil Young, Mark Knopfler and America. This year, it's something very close to my heart: the Doobie Brothers.


About the time I really started paying attention to music I had an American History teacher that leant me a Doobie Brothers CD. I listened to it at home for a bit before my dad leant me some Doobie Brothers casettes for my car. It's as roots American-rock as you can get. They had so many hits: China Grove, Black Water, Listen to the Music, What A Fool Believes (when Michael McDonald was the singer), Taking it to the Streets, Jesus is Just Alright... Ok, many of you Australian's won't know those songs, but you'd still hear a few on Triple M every now and then.

I wanted to embed a video, but the 'tube wouldn't let me. So just click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ95a249p0. Come March 24th I plan on being one of this middle-aged people you see dancing in that video. But younger of course.

The Doobie Brothers. March 24th. Convention Centre. Featuring half of the very original lineup (not that it means much, they've changed pretty constantly for the last 30 odd years) but the original lead singer. Not Michael McDonald. So probably no What A Fool Believes.

No comments:

Post a Comment