Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Free new Girl Talk album!

If nightclubs in Brisbane played music like Girl Talk, I would go clubbing way more often.

Girl Talk is the ultimate mash-up artist. He takes samples of songs you probably already know and mixes them all together into unbelievable new songs. And he does it so damn well. Whenever I listen to him I find myself trying to guess each and every track he samples. His samples tend to only last about 10 to 20 seconds each, so it can be quite the game.

Today he put out a new album called All Day. And it's completely free. Right here: http://www.illegal-art.net/allday/ It may take a while (it took me about 3 hours) as the server is experiencing quite heavy loads, due to how freaking awesome it is.

The album can be downloaded as one track, or 12 individual tracks. You'd want to experience the whole thing as one track. I did, and listened to the whole album on the way home from work. I found myself quietly dancing on the train. Something I never do.

All Day opens up with Ludacris over War Pigs/Luke's Wall by Black Sabbath. It's an interesting combination, but Girl Talk makes it work. And that's the beauty of Girl Talk, he doesn't stick to one generation or even one genre of music. He mixes everything and anything. It's eclectic, just like my music tastes.

It's free. Get it. It may be just your party album of the year, if not the album of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment