Saturday, November 6, 2010

Free Music Friday 3!

For the last few days I've been saturating myself with garage rock, mainly in the form of Post-nothing by the Japandroids (amazing!) and interspersed with some of my Strokes' vinyl. Life is good. So to keep the mood going, today's free music Friday is garage rock!


The band today is Weird Korea. And if you try to Google search for images, you get stuff like that crazy picture above. But no band shots. They're a New York band and have played with one of my other new favourite bands, Titus Andronicus. And according to my lame-ass internet research, their first gig was at an art gallery playing Velvet Underground covers.

So I think that establishes their garage rock credentials. They've barely been around for a year but already they're looking to be a good garage rock band. Lucky for us, they've also put out their EP No Art//No Trade for free on their Bandcamp! Download it here

I'm calling it right now. Garage Rock is coming back big next year. Hopefully hot on the heels of a new Strokes album.

No comments:

Post a Comment