Monday, November 8, 2010

Minimalistic indie/folk/electronica tour!

Electronica is a very broad and alienating genre. I know that most of the time I struggle to get through it. There's only a handful of bands I like that do it well and I am lucky enough that two of them have decided to tour Australia together next year.

Caribou and Four Tet are joining forces to come play for us on the 15th of February at the Zoo (18+).

Both of these bands do a very stripped back electronica. It doesn't overpower the senses like most other electronic bands, but is more for a lazy day lying in bed listening to the rain (or reading a book, or just relaxing). I am not sure how to explain their folk style of electronic music, so just go and check it our for yourself.

Four Tet
Caribou

No comments:

Post a Comment