Sunday, October 24, 2010

*sigh* I'm going to have to go to Melbourne

If there's one thing you should know about me and music, it's that I'm obsessed with Primus. No matter what, they are always my number 1 band. Les Claypool and Ler LaLonde are my gods (with the addition of Buckethead of course).


I'm not sure what it is about their original mix of funk, metal, comedy and god knows what else, but it just drives me insane. So insane that I have driven long distances in the past to see them (Chicago Tour de Fromage was one of the best nights of my life).

With their announcement in the Soundwave festival you would think I would be appeased. But no. I want more. MORE! I want to see them play an intimate gig, not on a stage outside with hundreds of metal fans chanting out "WE WANT IRON MAIDEN".

So of course, being that we live in Brisbane, we're getting shit for sideshows. So it looks like I'm flying to Melbourne. 3rd of March, at the Palais theatre in Melbourne. And to make it even better, the Melvins are opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment