Monday, October 25, 2010

The Paper Scissors, Oct 21 2010, Tempo

I was going to write a review about this show, but I got lost on my way (due to their marketing guy telling me the wrong venue) and then this guy did a much better job of it then I ever would have. At least it appears that I wasn't the only person that went to the wrong place.

However, I'd like to use my blog to talk about one of the opening bands there, local boys The Belligerents.

And yeah, I took that picture. See more on my Flickr.

Anyway, the Belligerents play a synth led kind of dance punk. Think of the Rapture, if you want an idea. They had the whole crowd on Thursday night (albeit the 20 of them) up on their feet and dancing. That's a hard thing, especially with Brisbane's indie hipsters.

They've got some free music on Triple J unearthed, so give them a go if you like your dancier indie rock.

Unearthed

No comments:

Post a Comment