Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Baroness, October 17 2010, the Zoo

On Sunday night I saw Baroness play a sideshow to their Metallica tour at the Zoo. I'm not normally a metal gig fan (too many idiots), but I would just like to say this.

OH
MY
GOD.


Easily one of the best gigs I have ever been to. Top three without a doubt. Even the band thought it was amazing. They played about 30 minutes longer than they had to, came out and played a rare encore, and spent ages just thanking us. They were as humbled as we were.

The performance they put on blew me away. I was afraid their sludge metal would not be the best live (I should have remembered how much I loved them at Soundwave) but they were all such talented musicians and showmen. I was right in front of one of the guitarists the whole night and just stood there in a musical coma staring with the biggest, goofiest smile on my face.

Thank you Baroness. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment