Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Guerilla Gigs: the Wimbledon Edition

Yes, I ranted on-and-on the other day about how much I hate post-rock, except for a small handfull of bands. And one of those bands, that I forgot to mention at the time, is from our own sweet home town of Brisbane. They are Mr Maps.

I didn't include them because they really aren't that post-rock. I prefer to think of them as just bloody awesome instrumental music. Yes, there's no singing, but my god, what they do is just make some absolutely beautifully layered music.

Their launching their new single soon and it's named Tennis Party. And to celebrate all things tennis, they're going to do a guerilla gig... on a tennis court. On the 17th of July, between 1pm and 3pm, head over to the New Farm Park Tennis Courts (Hopetoun Way in New Farm, next to the park) for an absolutely free all ages gig. I think it's a good excuse for a picnic as well.

They've got a few free MP3s, including the new single, on their Triple J Unearthed page.

EDIT:
This is how excited I am for it

No comments:

Post a Comment