Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lucero/Dropkick Murphys

It's that time of the year again when I trot out my most over-used picture on the blog (I think this is my fourth time now).


Yes, that's me, the lovely Bek, Ben Nichols and Frank Turner. Last time I used it was for Frank Turner, this time it's for Ben Nichols. Because his band, Lucero, are finally coming out to Australia.

And most surprising of all, they're opening for the Dropkick Murphys.

This should be called the "cigarettes and alcohol" tour I think.

Lucero is a southern alt-country/punk band whose beautiful music just invoke images of long nights in dark bars sipping whiskey.



Unfortunately, a lot of their songs are dark and sad. But gosh, it's just beautiful music.

Dropkick Murphys, of course, are the ultimate beer-in-hand, shoulder-over-another-mates-shoulder shouting-songs-at-the-top-of-your-voices Boston Irish working-class punk band. They have a huge back catalogue of great albums, including their new release, Going Out In Style, which I think may be their best album yet.

This will be a great show in a great venue.

October 19 at the Tivoli. Be there, drink in hand. Watch me fan boy over Lucero before we all sing along to the Dropkicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment