Thursday, July 28, 2011

Free Music Friday 25!

I really wanted to post this last week, but hey, I was in Melbourne for Modest Mouse. So I think I had my priorities straight. But it gave me a lot more time to listen to this band on the plane, and I can't stop listening to it.

The band is Monument and this year they realeased an album called Sweat Pants Fever. You can stream it here:Link


It's 90's style emo, with a way more heavy rocking edge. The album is half covers. But that doesn't bother me. The last two covers just make the album even stronger (Descendents and Braid).

Now, streaming isn't free. I know. But if you follow the stream link to their Bandcamp (or you can click here) you can get some of their EPs for free. Just click the album covers on the right hand side of the page.

With the Get Up Kids coming out in 2 weeks and Braid about to release a new album, this has really got me back into my 90s midwest style emo.

No comments:

Post a Comment