Monday, July 25, 2011

Harvest Festival

Not too long ago I stoked the flames of the rumour pit by mentioning the Harvest Festival, an indie/arts festival that was (rather surprisingly) being down by the Soundwave team. All that was known then was a small release asking for potention artists to help fill the event sites with life.

And while I was gone on holidays, it was announced. And it's going to be quite the awesome indie festival.

Below is my reaction as I read the line-up for the first time:
  • Portishead. Finally. I was wondering if they were ever going to come out. I know a tonne of people who will lose their shit over this.
  • The National. Wow. So good earlier this year, but it will be amazing to see them without the crappy Sunset Sounds crowds and the pouring pre-flood rains
  • The Flaming Lips. HOLY HELL I FINALLY GET TO SEE THE FLAMING LIPS! *swoon*
  • Bright Eyes... not my thing, but I know a lot of indie kids that just wet themselves in excitement
  • Holy Fuck. 2nd best band of Laneway this year. Their electronic noise will hopefully find a better crowd here than in a little shed full of hipsters
  • The Family Stone... Where's Sly eh? Did he get kicked out of the family?
  • The Walkmen! I get to overcome one of my greatest non-Weezer concert regrets, when I decided to not go see them in a little venue in 2003, instead I did an assignment.
  • This Town Needs Guns were so good at the Toff this year, will be interesting to see them on a big stage.
  • Foxy Shazam, 2nd best band of Soundwave and I'm looking forward to see them funk and rock their way back into my pants.
The details. $135, 18+ (no annoying kids). Botanic Gardens/Riverstage, November 19.

EDIT: the logo and the name is just really making me want to listen to Neil Young.

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to Dappled Cities yesterday coincidentally, they'd be good to see as well...an interesting mix of genres.

    ReplyDelete