Thursday, July 14, 2011

Man Overboard

If you've gone to any punk-related gig in the last year or so, I guarantee you've seen a plethora of these shirts:

Heck, I even took a photo of the ever lovable Adam Vass, bassist of La Dispute, wearing a similar one at the Zoo.


So if you're like me, you've probably wondered "Who the fuck are Man Overboad? And what exactly are they defending pop-punk from? Bad riffs? Shitty hair styles? Breakdowns and bad x-core style music?"

I'd imagine the answer is all of the above.

In my opionion, they're not the best, but no one can really beat New Found Glory's Sticks and Stones for the ultimate in pop-punk. But they're not the worst, they're definitely miles ahead of any of that generic mix-in-hardcore-crap-music that's being passed off as pop-punk these days.

I'll get a chance to defend pop-punk myself soon, when they play the Globe on September 3. 18+.

Wait... the Globe? How odd. Doesn't seem like a good match. Neither does an 18+ tour. Weird.

MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment