Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Times New Viking

I'm on the Woodland newsletter list, and once every week or so I get a newsletter where I see the name of DJs and electronic artists that I don't know and click 'next'. About once a month I get something which makes me sit back, stop, and say "OH GOD YES I WANT TO SEE THAT!"

Well today I got one of those emails. Although, it had a typo. It said 'New Times Viking.' I had to stop for a minute and think about it, is this a band I saw in NYC years ago, Times New Viking? When I got home and could follow the links and see the pictures, it was confirmed. Yes, it's this band. And here's the proof with a picture I took of them in Coney Island in 2008.

Granted, not a good picture, but that was back in the day before I had a good camera. In fact, it was like 4 cameras ago. But they were still good, and their name stuck with me for a few weeks until I flew back to Brisbane and checked out more of their music.

So what are they? Think lo-fi noisy indie with a female singer. That's them. And I enjoyed the shit out of them live, as well as their album this year called Dancer Equired.
Chuck them a listen on their MySpace and if you like it, join me on August 26th at Woodland. 18+ of course, it's a nightclub silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment