Friday, July 1, 2011

Frenzal Rhomb/Teenage Bottlerocket

I woke up this morning to a very lovely picture message:

Thanks for sending it Ellis. Despite it being blurry as all hell, it's bloody exciting. If you can't read the poster, I'll explain why it's good on two fronts.

1. It continues Frenzal Rhomb's long standing tradition of bringing great overseas bands with them. If it wasn't for Frenzal, I would never have seen the Lawrence Arms. And now, thanks to them, I get a chance to see Teenage Bottlerocket, a great USA punk band. I've been blaring their new EP, Mutilate Me, for the last few weeks, and I love their style of old school pop-punk (pre-2000's, the way it should be).Link
2. It's bringing back the Arena. THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING ARENA. A place where I have spent most of my life. In fact, I was at the last Arena show, which happened to be Frenzal Rhomb as well. I can't wait to get reacquainted with the sticky dance floor, the upstairs bars and hidden couches, the dancing cage, the giant poles in the middle of the mosh pit and the urinal with no head clearance so I have to lean backwards. I love dive bars. I love places that play good music. And the Arena was just my dream combination of it all.

Frenzal Rhomb/Teenage Bottlerocket
September 9, the Arena.
SQUEE!

Teenage Bottlerocket MySpace, for listening pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR TBR!!!! Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete