Thursday, July 29, 2010

Soundwave 2011

Apparently I missed a few bands last night/more bands got announced. The others are:

Bayside
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Alesana
The Bronx

It seems weird that 30 Seconds to Mars will be coming back so soon, especially since they are here right about now. Their first album was pretty tops (thanks Casey for making me listen to it way back in the day) but I feel their new stuff is just to over the top, and that they keep trying to build off Jared Leto's Hollywood fame.

But the announcement that gets me all tingly in the pants department is the Bronx. My first Bronx experience was at the first Soundwave. Clus and I just walked into the crowd not knowing them, the lead singer chugged a bottle of Penfolds red, grabbed the mike for the first song and jumped into the crowd. He spent most of the time singing right near us, and even under me as I jumped on him like everyone else in the crowd. It was an amazing show. And since that experience I've seen them over and over and over again. Hopefully they bring out their Mariachi El Bronx band to the tour (although they are coming out for one Mariachi show in Sydney soon, so maybe not).

If you like your hardcore punk, check them out. Even if you are a bit unsure about punk that isn't poppy. They are great. The HiFi has a free stream of their last show in Brisbane at their website here. If you get the chance, check out their Mariachi band on the same website. It's amazing that they produce two completely opposite sides of music, and do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment