Monday, July 5, 2010

Hot Water Music/Bouncing Souls tour

In my old blog (before it got taken down for copyright infringement) I mentioned this tour, as Chuck Ragan had let it slip during his Revival Tour when I was in Perth. But yes, the Bouncing Souls and Hot Water Music are coming down under! And I am pretty much the 2nd most excited person about this (Bek is even more excited).


The Bouncing Souls, now in their 20th year, are one of my favourite pop-punk bands. Their album How I Spent My Summer is the album that got me into pop-punk. It's an album full of up-beat, happy punk, which at the time I identified with as a 16 year old during the summer. Still remains one of the CDs I listen to while driving around in summer with the windows down. Manthem is the first song I heard on a compilation I had and it's still one of my all time favourites. Their new album, Ghosts on the Boardwalk, is one of my favourite albums of 2010 already.

Hot Water Music is a band I've only recently started listening to, probably 8 years too late. But if the full band is anything like the acoustic set done by their lead singer, Chuck Ragan, it will be absolutely amazing.

This is the punk tour of the year.
December 11th, the Zoo. 18+

The Bouncing Souls
Hot Water Music

No comments:

Post a Comment