Sunday, July 11, 2010

Multiple concert details

I've ordered a new computer! Hopefully I'll have it within in the next week and I can get back to actually updating my blog, but for now, enjoy multiple announcements in one post!

Leatherface

British punk-rockers Leatherface are coming to Australia as part of some sort of show in Melbourne. But we're lucky enough to get them playing a solo gig. They've been a band for 22 years, mixing together gravelly vocals with folk-punk and touches of hardcore.

See them September 11 at Rosies for Thriller (18+)

Leatherface

Soilwork

No one does death metal like the scandinavians. Soilwork hails from Sweden, which might explain their slightly more melodic take on metal. You can catch them at the HiFi on the 21st of October. (18+)

Soilwork

Mary Jane Kelly

I first heard these guys on Triple J one afternoon and fell in love with them. How often does radio play heavy shit in primetime? The New South Welshmen's thrashier-hardcore earned them a spot on the Boys of Summer tour last year with Every Time I Die. I rocked up too late to see them, but I've heard lots of good things.

July 15 - Snitch (299), 18+
July 16 - The Fort, All ages

Death Before Dishonor

Hardcore from Boston. Lot's of people love these guys and it's easy to see why. I'm only just starting to listen to them, so I can't tell you much.

August 31 - 299, 18+
September 1 - The Fort, All Ages

Death Before Dishonor

Calling All Cars/Numbers Radio

It's good to see Australian bands do well and tour nationally together. I've seen both of these bands, with both being more heavier alternative rock. But both rock pretty hard. Brisbane locals Numbers Radio especially.

September 24 - Never Land (Gold Coast), 18+
September 25 - X&Y, 18+

Calling All Cars
Numbers Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment