Thursday, July 22, 2010

Music Music Music

Simply Red

My parents love this band. They've been pouring out hits for 25 years and now it's time for their farewell tour. Although their music is very pop these days, they actually started at a Sex Pistols show in the 70s.

Take your parents to see them (with Marcia Hines supporting) October 1 at the Entertainment Centre.

Last.fm

Bulls and music

For those of us not lucky enough to be going to Splendour, there's a festival happening at the same time in Ipswich called Rodeo Rockfest. Catch Spiderbait playing the Friday and Sunday.

July 30 - August 1 at Ipswich Turf Club

Tickets and details

Regurgitator!

Brisbane's favourite native party band has to be Regurgitator without fail. After playing QPac's Birthday, it seems they enjoyed it so much they're going on an Australian tour.

Tivoli, September 18

Not that you need it, but their MySpace if you haven't heard them before

La Dispute

I'm not going to lie, I only just started listening to this band, even though lots of my friends rave about them. And I'm addicted. It's like a heavier mewithoutyou. Think hardcore, spoken word, folk and instrumentals mixed in together. It's fairly unique. And awesome.

They did a basement DIY tour of Australia earlier in the year, which I kick myself for missing. But luckily, the word on the street is that they will be back out here in January for another trip round. I cannot wait. Do yourself a favour and check out a great band with an original sound.

MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment