Thursday, May 19, 2011

Touche Amore/Title Fight

The first quarter of this year has been amazing for me and concerts. It's pretty much been better than the last 10+ years combined. I'm a bit bummed now that there's not much going on, and where I was going to see gigs two or three times a week, I'm now down to barely one a month. I figured the rest of the year would be pretty meh.

But then, I heard about this tour.

Both bands, Touche Amore and Title Fight, have put out great albums in the last few weeks. Especially Touche Amore. I actually only listened to it for the first time today, but following their La Dispute split last year, I knew to expect some awesomeness. And they deliver. Both of them deliver.

In celebration on both great albums, they're touring together out to Australia later this year. September 8, at the HiFi. It's a scarily large venue for them.

EDIT: So I jumped the gun before the "official" announcement. Turns out it's an all-ages gig at the Old Museum now. The crowd size which fits them much better.

Both bands lean on the harder edge of punk, Touche Amore more so.

Check out both bands, and prepare for some musical awesomeness:
http://toucheamore.com/
http://www.myspace.com/titlefight

No comments:

Post a Comment