Thursday, May 12, 2011

Soundwave Revolution

The announcements for this festival have been slowly trickling out of Twitter (twickling?) over the last month or so, and I was going to hold off for blogging about it, because honestly, all of the original bands weren't enough to encourage me to go.

The full line up is this. The ones I want to see are in bold.
Van Halen (with David Lee Roth)
Hole
Alice Cooper
Bad Religion
Machine Head
Danzig
Sisters Of Mercy
Alter Bridge
Versa Emerge
Kevin Devine
The Pretty Reckless
All Time Low
Dashboard Confessional
Gojira
Hatebreed
Hollywood Undead
Street Dogs
Panic! at the Disco
Relient K
Attack! Attack!
Face to Face
Framing Hanley
Watain
The Used
Cro-Mags
Kvelertak
Yellowcard
Holy Grail
Unearth
Times of Grace
Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows
Funeral For a Friend
Thursday
Steel Panther
Devin Townsend
Sum 41
Black Veil Brides
Zebrahead
Set Your Goals
Hellogoodbye
The Dangerous Summer
We Are The In Crowd
The Word Alive
In This Moment
The Damned Things
Hellyeah
Skindred
Whitechapel
The Acacia Strain
Every Time I Die
Madina Lake
Make Do And Mend
Story Of The Year
We Are The Ocean
Four Year Strong
Terrible Things
The Swellers
This Providence
Young Guns
Up until the headline announcement yesterday, I was definitely a no go. The bands announced were mainly pop-crap-punk, or I'd seen them before. It's also in September. And the last September festival I went to was fine during the day time, but the second that sun dropped I froze and got very sick.

But now, with the full line-up announced, I'm confused. VAN FUCKING HALEN. DANZIG. Far out. I want to see those bands. But prices have been claimed to be the same as Soundwave was this year, which to me... may just be too much for a handful of bands I want to see, surrounded by annoying music and festival attendees.... I guess time will tell. How much do I really love Van Halen?

(Answer: A lot)

Soundwave Revolution
RNA Showgrounds
September 24

1 comment:

  1. I think tickets are going to end up being about $20 (at most) less than SW was this year, which isn't really a huge difference.
    I'm still weighing up if I want to go (and cough up for my brother's ticket, too) badly enough. Van Halen and Alice Cooper though...
    Also, for Melbourne, the change of venue will be a big decider for a lot of people, as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete