Thursday, May 19, 2011

Steely Dan/Steve Winwood

When I first saw this poster, on the wall of a building next to the train line, as my morning train scooted past, the little old 50 year old inside me jumped for joy. And now that I've confirmed it, he's doing back flips (soon to be followed by lying on the couch when his back is out).

Yes, it's Steely Dan. With Steve Winwood. And to see why, just know that I play the opening riff of this every time I touch a guitar:



Even better is that he's playing with Steve Winwood. I had the pleasure of seeing him open for Tom Petty at Summerfest a few years ago. You may not know him, but he's one of the greatest song writers in the last 50 years. He's been in bands with Eric Clapton, and he even wrote this song way back when:



Come October 23, I'll be packing up my dad and heading off to Mt Cotton to see this, as it's part of the Day on the Green at Sirromet.

No comments:

Post a Comment