Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Doomriders

Here's an excellent little gem of a tour, that I probably would've missed if it didn't include one of my favourite current Australian bands. Imagine if you grew up listening to bands like Monster Magnet, Motorhead, (early) Queens of the Stone Age/Kyuss, Black Sabbath and Thin Lizzy, but then you decided you wanted to do it all just that little bit heavier.

That my friends, is Doomriders.

And accompanying them on this heavy metal/stoner/hardcore trip will be Australia's finest band in that category, I Exist. I've seen this band a ton of times in the last year or two, and they just keep impressing me. Especially the lead singer's alocholism, which surprisingly doesn't affect his performance.
(Thanks JHat)

Catch this all July 22 at the Zoo. 18+

Doomriders

No comments:

Post a Comment