Monday, May 23, 2011

Moldova

Did you watch Eurovision the other weekend? I somehow got suckered into watching it. In between watching the AFL of course. And amongst the 90s boy band wannabes, there was nestled this nugget of gold:



Moldovan ska. MOLDOVAN FUCKIN' SKA. I'm a man who likes ska, and I've got a lot of ska from European countries, but none from Moldova. Look at their hats. AND IS THAT A CLARINET SOLO ON A UNICYCLE?!

Really, there's nothing about that video which doesn't pique my musical interest.

I would like to say I did the research, but no, the girl did, and she found that they are called Zdob si Zdub and they've actually been on Eurovision before. I wish I could link you to their albums (they've got a lot of gypsy influence in them and it's fun and dancey) but I can't. So instead, here's their website where you can get some of their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment