Thursday, May 19, 2011

Splendour in the Grass Sideshows

So the Splendour in the Grass sideshows were announced today, and there was a huge surprise! Brisbane didn't get any! Oh wait... that's normal. Especially since, for probably the first time ever, Splendour isn't sold out yet.

There's a few I'll consider travelling for, especially since my second favourite band (Modest Mouse) is playing. But I guess, at this rate, if Splendour doesn't sell out, it may just be nicer heading to the festival?

If anything, I hope promoters now realize they can't just recycle the same few international acts with the same 50 Australian bands and call it a festival every few months.

For the list of ones announced in non-Brisbane areas, head here.

1 comment:

  1. I agree it was a totally underwhelming announcement of sideshows. Why do they think everyone in Brisbane will go to Splendour and not want to see a sideshow or two?

    I think the fact it's not sold out could also be due to the fact they jacked the price up hardcore this year. Half a grand for 3 days of bands we've all seen thrice over?? Come on.

    ReplyDelete