Saturday, September 25, 2010

Reel Big Fish/The Aquabats

It's not often we get a ska show coming through town, so when we do, I have to cherish it. I get out all my chequered clothing and get my skank on. Even if, like this tour, it's Reel Big Fish coming out to flog the dead horse that is their back catalogue.

Don't get me wrong, everyone probably knows of the ska that is Reel Big Fish. And they have some great songs, generally about drinking and girlfriends. They are a great party band with a tight live show, and it's great to go see with a few drinks for a good time. They've just put out no new material in the last 4 years, instead releasing live albums and what seems to be the same songs recorded over and over again.

But the reason I'll probably go to this show, is the Aquabats:



A ska/pop-punk band comprising of superheroes who are trying to save the world from lame music (and bad fashion, if you watch the video above)! I missed them at Soundwave this year to go see A Wilhelm Scream, so I am looking forward to finally catching their live show.

The biggest ska show of 2010 is happening December 2nd at the Tivoli. 18+. It's an excellent dance floor there, so bring your best skanking shoes and baggy trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment