Saturday, September 25, 2010

New My Chemical Romance Song

I Brought you My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was a huge album for me. It introduced me to post-hardcore with it's fast guitars, progressive drumming and insane live shows. I saw My Chemical Romance play some amazing live shows on the back of this album (with some amazing tour mates such as From Autumn to Ashes, Taking Back Sunday, Recover, Murder by Death and Vaux) for some ridiculously cheap prices. I don't think I paid more that $15.


They were insane, one of the highlights for me was at Gabe's Oasis in Iowa City back in high school days. In one song, I think it was Drowning Lessons, the guitarist was jumping around like a madman, eventually running across the stage, jumping feet first into the wall, pushing off it, landing on his back, all without missing a beat.

If you had talked to me before the release of the Black Parade, I would have mentioned this band. Hell, I used to wear their shirts to uni almost weekly. And then the Black Parade came out, pretty much ruining their music much in the same vein as American Idiot did to Green Day (shit, it turns out both albums were produced by the same man. Thanks Wikipedia for confirming how jointly shit they were). When I saw them at Big Day Out they just stood there playing their instruments. It seems their energy went away with their good songs.

Well anyway, enough reminiscing. They have a new album coming out soon with a horrible name: Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. Bleh. There's a song leak on soundcloud too http://soundcloud.com/attentiondrain/mcr-na-na-na/s-m3qv7. And it sounds just as horrible and modern-rock-pop as the Black Parade. I've given them one more album until I write them off, so I have a feeling this may be the parting of ways for me and this band. We've had some fun and I will still continue to play songs from I brought you my bullets on my guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment