Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More local All Ages Hardcore shows!

So it seems that Burst City may now be the place to go for all ages shows. Sure, it hasn't had as many big bands as the Fort, but it's getting more and more of the local stuff, which can be just as good. Case in point:

I've waxed lyrical on at least one of these bands before, Marathon. I really dig their new EP and they are a bunch of great guys. They play in a style similar to Cursed and seem to be playing any hardcore show I've been at this year.

Fires of Waco and Headaches are two newer locals that are starting to get their names heard a bit. Fires of Waco have a more of a post-rock sound (think old At the Drive-In or the Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower) while Headaches have spawned from the band that was the Gifthorse.

The one band that I've heard so much about but have never seen is Dick Nasty. I've been wanting to catch these guys for years, given the way they are spoken about and revered on 4ZZZ. They've apparently been kicking around Brisbane for years, playing a sublime mix of hardcore punk. So I guess this show will finally be the excuse I need to get off my ass and listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment