Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Big Day Out 2011

In my bitter old age of 25 now, I tend to huff of each Big Day Out lineup as "shite and past it's prime." But given the announcement of last night, I may actually be forced to eat humble pie and join in the masses to go. The lineup is (I've bolded the ones I want to see):

Tool
Rammstein
Iggy And The Stooges
Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77
Lupe Fiasco
Grinderman
Primal Scream Screamadelica Live
Deftones
The Black Keys
Andrew W.K
The Jim Jones Revue
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
M.I.A
LCD Soundsystem
Booka Shade
Die Antwoord
Vitalic
CSS
Plan B
Ratatat
Crystal Castles ( East Coast only )
John Butler Trio
Wolfmother
Airbourne
Birds Of Tokyo
Kids Of 88
The Naked & Famous

Australia only locals:

Angus & Julia Stone
Dead Letter Circus
Children Collide

Operator Please
Bliss N Eso
Gyroscope
Pnau
Kid Kenobi & Mc Shureshock
Sampology
Blue King Brown
Will Styles
Little Red
Gypsy And The Cat
Lowrider


Sure, it's a slightly washed up and reused old Big Day Out lineup (I'm kind of surprised there's no Living End to be honest), but there are two of my all time favourite bands on there: The Stooges and the Deftones. Not to mention everyone's favourite Tool and Rammstein, the latter of which I've never seen even though I was obsessed with them over 12 years ago. Andrew W.K. is known for the song Party Hard which is apparently what he does when plays live. It may actually be a good day, especially if there's a few good bands thrown in a second announcement. I've now just got to get over my hatred of most of the punters that go to the BDO just to drink and be idiots.


Sunday January 23 at the Gold Coast Parklands

No comments:

Post a Comment