Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This is Fucked Up

Regular readers of my blog will know that I love the Canadian hardcore band Fucked Up and their genre I like to consider "smart" hardcore.


Their live shows are legendary, with the singer Pink Eyes going nuts in the crowd. I was lucky enough to be next to him as he lost his shit at Soundwave this year.

Taking all of that into account, it's kind of weird that they have been announced as the support for the Foo Fighters tour. Less than a year after coming out, they'll be playing in giant stadiums. It doesn't seem like their thing, but goddamn I want to go to this show. Foo Fighters, Tenacious D and Fucked Up? Will they even be allowed to advertise their name on the posters? Why can't they play some club shows in Brisbane?! Please.. Please.. I'd consider even financing it out of my own pocket if I knew how to. But no, as always, the only Fucked Up sideshows will be in Melbourne and Sydney. I don't think I can afford to travel for that.

December 10, Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast.

*runs away to cry*

No comments:

Post a Comment