Monday, September 26, 2011

A weekend (in pictures)

Well, what a weekend for me musically (and photographically). 2 gigs, 1 festival, 17 bands and me lagging all my camera equipment around.

First up was Every Time I Die/The Acacia Strain/The Word Alive at the HiFi on Friday night.


Every Time I Die as always had great energy and put on a killer set. You can view the full gallery of all three bands at AltMusicHub (click here).

Saturday was the Soundwave Counter Revolution festival at the Riverstage.

Highlights include Scott Ian's beard (see above). Lowlights include my camera dying halfway through the day. I was so bummed. I had never photographed a music festival before, let alone bands in the daylight. Looking through my photos of the day, I think it's some of the better ones I've ever taken. And then my camera had to die. Enjoy the gallery over at AltMusicHub of the first 11 bands (of 19) (click here).

Sunday, after a lot of crying over my dead camera, I managed to secure a loaner camera and headed into the Tivoli to see Architecture in Helsinki.



They are currently at the peak of their hipster stage, that's for sure. Doesn't that picture above look like a clip from Revenge of the Nerds? Anyway, the full galleries are over at ToneDeaf.
Mitzi
Oscar + Martin
Architecture in Helsinki

The camera is currently in for repairs, so I guess it's a forced 10 day vacation for me from gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment