Friday, September 16, 2011

Free Music Friday 29!

I love pop-punk. But not in the style that most people think pop-punk is these days. None of that scene crap with breakdowns and whiny singing. I just like punk that's a bit upbeat and fun. Because that's the way pop-punk should be.

Tim Blood and the Gutpanthers are the kind of pop-punk I like.


I can't find many pictures of them, but their promo picture is fun. Like they are.

Their style of pop-punk is just playing fast and hard, with a bit of distortion and yelling to give it a lo-fi edge. I don't know why, but to me it makes me thing of punk bands in the style of Defiance Ohio, but with 80% more punk.

Of course, their album is free. So check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Plenty of Tim Blood photos on my flickr.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentaro_m_photography/sets/72157625983700686/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentaro_m_photography/sets/72157626502692593/

    Also check out VIPE, they're made up of Tim Blood types. They play "Inland-Cascadian ashened skate punk" and "fast-rock".

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentaro_m_photography/sets/72157627290821340/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet mate! Thanks so much. I only did a quick Google for images and did not find yours.

    THat looks like it would have been a pretty fun gig. Would love to have something like that around here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the review and link. I'm so flattered people are into it. I re-posted this at our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey no problem mate. Thanks for making good music!

    ReplyDelete