Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Troubadour (as a zombie)

(Thanks for the graf Emma)

It's very un-Brisbane and un-hipster of me to say I never once went to a show at the Troubadour. But here we go, I'll admit it here. I never once went to a show at the Troubadour. So many good gigs came and went, and I always thought "next time". Until the next time became the last time and I couldn't get a ticket in.



Not too long ago I was mourning the fact that it was closed. Brisbane live music was dying! But oh, what providence. What divine intelligence... It's back.

Sort of. It's re-opening in May as the Black Bear Lodge, which will have a distinctly Canadian feel. I imagine with black bears. And mountie costumes. And possibly Ryan Adams' albums playing between bands.

And yes, I said bands, because they are bringing back live music. Although it won't be the same. Instead of having bands, they will focus predominantly on solo artists. The best part though, is it will be free entry, so you can always just wander in for a drink and catch some of Brisbane's best.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment