Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Get Up Kids

Emo. You hear that term bandied around a lot (well, maybe less these days). And a lot of the old hipsters, like me, always refer to the better days of 90s emo. When the music was softer, yet still raw. Emotions bubbled through the lyrics (sometimes shouted). And bands like the Get Up Kids Were releasing amazing albums.

They broke up. They got back together a decade back and played Soundwave last year. This is them, on my phone:


Now if you know me, you know I'm a huge James Dewes fan boy. And he plays the keyboard in Get Up Kids. So you can probably guess that I squaled a little when I heard they were coming back for a headlining tour. No standing on the concrete in the afternoon sun with a bunch of kids not knowing the band they were listening to. No. Just me and the Get Up Kids. And a few hundred other fans.

Catch them August 5 at the HiFi. 18+

No comments:

Post a Comment