Saturday, April 30, 2011

Colin Hay

The bane of my time living in the USA was the band Men at Work. Without fail, at least once a day, I'd hear the song Land Down Under. Every. Single. Fucking. Day.

It's enough to drive you to the point of no-return. But then, the lead singer popped up in a Scrubs (my favourite show at the time) video, which redeemed him and the band for me, and led me to discover that Colin Hay is not a one-hit wonder. In fact, he's a song writing machine.



He's got a new album coming out, called Gathering Mercury. To launch it, he's only playing a select few songs around the country. Queensland's will also be a flood relief fundraiser. It'll be May 20, at Joe's Waterhole in Eumundi. It's a bit of a drive away, but I can't think of a better place for him to play. The crowd won't be your regular city hipsters, but more the kind of people that appreciate Colin Hay, what he's done, and what he continues to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment