Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fuck that, I need a drink

Almost 2 years ago now, I went to an awesome gig at the Riverstage featuring the punk legends Bad Religion and NOFX. But it was the opening band that stole my heart: Pour Habit.

These American punk rockers, little known of, showed how live punk shows should be: insane. Even on the enormity of the stage that is Riverstage, they managed to tear it up. I'm going to guess the lead singer was fairly drunk too, as he spent a lot of time throwing up in the crowd. Since then I've loved their skate punk album Sulticide.

Now apparently they've got a new album coming out, and they've let us have a song off it for free. It's called Dead Soldier's Bay, and you can get it from here. It's still sounding as good as their earlier stuff, albeit a little political, and I can't wait to hear the full album.

No comments:

Post a Comment