Friday, April 22, 2011

Outkast (x 0.5)

Outkast. Probably that one hip-hop group that changed my mindset about hip-hop. Before them, I thought it was (as Triple-M would say) rap-crap. And then I heard this. My mind was blown.

Over the years they've put out some great albums, but after Speakerboxx/Love Below, things were a little bit worse. It seemed that there was some turmoil between the band, so they broke up and did their own things.

Big Boi (the Speakerboxx guy) went on and released a pretty damn good album last year by the name of Sir Luscious Leftfoot.

It was decent. It was better than decent. I was always more of an Andre 3000 fan (The Love Below) but his album has definitely brought me back around to his side.

He'll be playing the Tivoli on August 26th.

It may be one of the only chances I get to see even a part of Outkast, as their future is still in limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment