Thursday, March 24, 2011

Free Music Friday 14!

Donald Glover is a renaissance man. Sitcom writer. Comedy actor. And rapper.

Most of you will only know his rapping from this:


(And if you don't know who he is, he's the black guy)

But he's oh so much more. He's been rapping since "Lance (Armstrong) had chemo". During that time he's gone by two names mcDJ, for his remixes, and Childish Gambino, for his rapping. The beauty of his rapping is that he adapts his wit and comedic timing from his acting and screenwriting perfectly to the hip-hop medium.

The best part is, everything he does, he puts out for free on one of his plethora of websites. He has a new EP out in the last few weeks, and I'm not going to lie when I say it's one of the better hip-hop releases I've heard in a while. Flame away at my opionion, but I don't care, as I may have a little man crush on him.

Get it for free on his blog. The rest of his releases are hidden there somewhere too. And even if you don't like the TV show Community (I doubt someone exists) and you don't like hip-hop (more likely) at least check out the track Freaks and Geeks. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment