Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Destroy Music? More like, Destroy Eardrums." - @toovey

Years ago Clus and I were obsessed with a little band from Adelaide called I Killed The Prom Queen. You can see us below (Clus in blue, me wearing my trademark sweat-band of the day).

They changed members more times than I cared to remember, but we saw them every time. Then they broke up. And reformed with Crafter on vocals. We saw them. Then they broke up again.

And hey, surprise, they're back together! Did not see that coming...
The new line up is apparently Jona (Bleeding Through/Bring Me The Horizon) doing vocals and guitar, JJ (Deez Nuts) back on drums and god knows who else. I just hope they do the right thing and bring Tyrone (from Mourning Tide) in on this shit to do vocals. He's an awesome guy.

So Australia's greatest heaviest band (in my opinion) will be reforming as a support act for a tour. The tour being Destroy Music. It features local boys Amity Affliction, Deez Nuts and internationals Of Mice and Men.

All up, it's a mixed tour for me. Yeah, Prom Queen would be great to see again, but really, it could destroy my fond memories of my youth. Deez Nuts and Amity I've seen more times than I can count, sometimes with only a few people in a tiny room. Of Mice and Men, although a spin off of that horrible Attack Attack band, actually had a good album last year.

It's at the Riverstage May 28th.

I guess I'll make a decision when it gets closer, as I doubt it will sell out.

And of course, it's all-ages, or it'd be quite empty I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment