Thursday, March 10, 2011

Free Music Friday 12!

I meant to post this band a long time ago. A long long time ago. Especially since they were touring and played a little show at the Zoo. But no, things happened and I never got around to it. I ended up going and having a great time, so I think it's time I shared with you.

This is Defiance Ohio.

And yes, they are actually from Ohio.

They play folk-punk. It's punk music, with a hint of acoustic and a fiddle. And she's a very attractive fiddler.


But the best part of their punk, even including the fact that it is good and makes you want to get up and jig, is the fact that they release everything for free. Absolutely everything. And then sell their vinyl records at ridiculously cheap prices when they do play. You can get absolutely every song they've ever recorded at their webpage: http://defianceohio.terrorware.com/audio/

I feel horrible for not posting this earlier, as they deserved a way bigger turnout than they got a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment