Sunday, February 20, 2011

Underoath/A Day To Remember tour

Two albums I surprisingly loved last year was Underoath's and A Day To Remember's.

A Day To Remember put together post-hardcore and pop-punk for a fun little mix. They came through in December for the very wet No Sleep Til festival. I didn't go see them, as I was dry and I didn't want to go in the sea of scene kids, but by all reviews they were fun as all hell. It seems a bit weird that they'll be back within half a year of their last tour, but their fans will love it.

Underoath on the other hand, has been a band I've always had a little bit of a crush on. From my friend's Christian-music loving ways in high school, I fell in love with this song:



Then in 2006 they put out what is still one of my top 30 albums, Define the Great Line. It was just a beautifully put together screamo album (if there's such a thing). Although they lost their singer/drummer to the pop-punk band the Almost (who are almost good.. haha) they still stayed together and put out an album last year, Disambiguation. And it was grand. They dropped most of the singing vocals and just made a great heavy album.

I've seen them a few times now and their live show is amazing. If you look past the occasionaly god related speeches that pepper the show, it's still amazing. And I have a man-crush on their guitar-tech as he always checks the guitars to the song There is No Dana by Twothirtyeight.

Put these two bands together and you're bound to have a loud, yet fun, musical night. Well actually, two nights in South East Queensland!

May 15 - The Tivoli, AA
May 17 - Coolangatta Hotel, 18+

No comments:

Post a Comment