Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grooving the Moo sideshows

I was actually a little bit jealous when I saw the announcement of the Grooving the Moo lineup. Jealous because it only goes to regional locales, and there were more bands I'd enjoy seeing than most festivals this year (Laneway announcement included!).

But, unlike most other festivals in Australia, the promoters are letting the bands do sideshows in most major centres. And pretty much every band I want to see on this festival are playing sideshows in Brisbane.

The first band I avoided for ages, because for the life of me I could not understand what the fuck was the irony of dancing to Joy Division. But if you haven't guessed the band yet, you probably didn't listen to Triple J at any point in the last 3 years, because it's the Wombats. They'll be doing a sideshow of dance-indie May 3rd at the Tivoli.

The second band is one of those bands that kicked off my love with all things musical from the Scandanavian regions.



I've missed seeing them tonnes of times now and constantly regret it. They mix together a healthy dose of geekiness, dance and rock, generally with a mix of tracksuits and BMX thrown in. What isn't there to love?

I will definitely be there this time, May 4 at the Zoo. 18+

No comments:

Post a Comment