Sunday, December 12, 2010

STP

A few years ago I was hanging out at Summerfest in Milwaukee. The headliners of that particular day were Stone Temple Pilots (on the main stage that you had to pay extra for) and the Roots. There were three of us there and someone gave us two free tickets to the STP show. It was quite the debate as to who should go in, but eventually I fell on my sword and went to the Roots instead, letting my boys go to STP.

I had some regrets about that decision, even though the Roots were amazing and put on one of the best festival sets I've seen. Everyone just kept telling me how awesome Stome Temple Pilots were, and I figured there'd be some sort of drug relapse and we'd never see them again.

In the end, it turns out I made the best choice for two reasons:
  1. The Roots announced a few months later that they'd play no more live shows
  2. Stone Temple Pilots are coming to Australia
23rd March. Riverstage.

You don't know Stone Temple Pilots?! Well, what did you listen to in the 90s? They were a post-grunge "alternative" rock band that scored a stream of number 1's in America. Until drugs had their way. Pay attention:



Hopefully Scott stays clean and out of trouble long enough to actually get down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment