Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nuclear Summer

The first band in today's Brisbane music special are a band I saw play the Roma House benefit gig on Saturday at Burst City. They are Nuclear Summer and here's a picture I took:


They may actually have been my favourite band of the day. Not taking away anything from the other great bands, but I really enjoyed Nuclear Summer. From their live show, I imagined my description of them to be This Town Needs Guns, crossed with La Dispute with much heavier vocals. Basically indie-math rock with heavy screaming vocals. They had me in at the start of their set though, with their guitarist just hitting his guitar and yet making some beautiful noise out of it.

They were handing out a demo at the gig, for free, which I managed to pick up. But lucky for you at home, they've also put it out on their website, right here: http://nuclearsummer.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/demo-10/

(EDIT: The link may be broken, try this: http://thepeelstreetband.com/ns.zip)

The demo has the vocals a bit more gravelly and punk style, but it still shows off how excellent this band is.

Rather unsurprisingly, they'll be opening for La Dispute on their Australian tour, so catch them January 25th at the Zoo. 18+

No comments:

Post a Comment